Stops the competition dead in their tracks. Results in torque and power gains across the full operating rpm range, starting right off idle and marching to the shift point in each gear. Derringer is dyno calibrated to use multiple data inputs such as throttle position, rpm, vehicle speed, AFR, Knock and coolant temperature, just like your engine's ECU. Its microprocessor-based electronics are able to actively and safely optimize calibrations in real time. No competitive product does that.
Derringer has three switched settings: Stock, Plus and Sport. Sport produces Best in Class performance and knocks you back in your seat. The Plus setting is for work use and has a great mid-range feel. When running Plus with a loaded work truck and/or pulling a trailer, your on-ramp merging speeds and passing times are greatly improved.
The electronics are enclosed in a compact housing which is easily concealed and communicates using B-Bus (Banks Bus) with other devices such as our iDash 1.8 DataMonster or iDash 1.8 SuperGauge. The Derringer connects in line with your truck's engine sensors. But, unlike others, it also connects to the vehicle's OBDII diagnostic bus connector. A CAN (Controller Area Network) transceiver chip communicates with OBDII or B-Bus allowing our microprocessor to talk with the vehicle. And, Derringer's special coolant temp watchdog prevents power addition when the engine is too cold or overheated. The Derringer also auto-adjusts power if knock occurs due to bad fuel. Maximum safe power is all automatic with a Derringer - you just choose your setting.
Banks Derringer Tuner with ActiveSafety, with switch for use with 2017-19 Chevy/GMC 2500/3500 6.6L L5P
- Simple plug and play installation with easy removal for dealer service
- Warranty friendly: no reflash required and no traces left in ECU
- Adds up to 61 hp and 112 lb-ft
- Loaded with Features
- Value Priced
- Destroys the competition, not your vehicle!
- ActiveSafety protects engine/powertrain
- 3 power levels with on the fly level changing
- Interfaces with OBDII Port (On-Board Diagnostics/Information) to communicate directly with the vehicle ECU
- Enclosed in a compact housing which is easily concealed
- LED Derringer status indicator
- Works while in cruise control
- Expand system with other Banks Bus products
- Ambient Air Density Module
- 4-CH Analog Sensor Module*
- 4-CH Thermocouple Module*
- Advanced Water Methanol Module*
- More coming soon
- Emissions compliant: CARB EO D-161-115
The Banks difference when it comes to L5P POWER!
The Derringer tuner — When it comes down to it, you want a real L5P tuner. You want something that makes big power and doesn’t kill your truck. After all, you just spent a lot of money on that beast. The Banks Derringer L5P tuner is the only option you should be plugging into your truck. Look, the other guys claim big numbers and we call bulls—t! We tested every other tuner on the same dyno, same day, same weather conditions, with the same technician… Same damn test, period! There’s only so much you can do by just intercepting the fuel rail pressure sensor. That’s where all the others fall short. The Derringer is the only tuner that actually utilizes your truck’s ECU to make intelligent calculations!