Ram-Air® Differential Cover Kit
TRUCKS WITH FACTORY REAR SWAY BAR REQUIRE BANKS SPACER KIT.
FOR 2003-2018 RAM, WITH AAM 11.5" OR 11.8" 14 BOLT REAR AXLE. *WITH LEAF SPRING REAR SUSPENSION.
Banks Ram-Air® differential cover extends lubrication life and retains fuel economy. Thanks to its superior fluid and aerodynamics, the Ram-Air® Cover out-performs stock and flat-back high-capacity covers and does so with less lubricant. Increased distance between service intervals and less lubricant means you'll save money while extending gear life.
New patented design features Ram-Air scoops for fastest cooling
- Provides cold high velocity air, overcoming “dead air zone” behind differential
- Scoops force air up and into massive heat radiation fins
- Engineered to break-away if snagged on an obstacle
- Banks cools 5X better than flat-back covers in on-road towing tests over the same road, same weather, operator and vehicle
- Cools 118% better than flat-backs in 200hp 60mph sustained tests
- Dry-mount high-pressure silicone O-ring seal. No messy RTV clean!
- Internal fins transfer heat through the cover into the external fins
- Clears spare tire heat shield, Panhard bars and other components
- Does not sacrifice any ground clearance
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Axle tube lubricant guides directs lube to bearings w/o overfilling
- Cover mates flush with differential housing for smooth fluid flow
- Ring gear raceway controls fluid flow to the pinion and bearings
- Low fluid aeration means longer fluid life
- Weight: 11.7 lbs
- External heat radiation fin count: 24
- Internal heat absorption fin count: 26
- Dimensions: 14.2 in X 13.3 in X 3.8 in
- External heat radiation fin surface area: 533.782 in2
- Internal heat absorption fin surface area: 119.882 in2
- External heat radiation total surface area: 808.81 in2
- Internal heat absorption total surface area: 215.78 in2
- Fasteners: 14 x stainless steel M8-1.25 flange hex bolts
- Material: A380 aluminum diecast with CNC machined surfaces
- Internal Volume: About 4.0 Qts (Check OEM Owners Manual)